It is called Speak Up, An Action Plan to Address Bullying and Cyberbullying Behaviour.
- This action plan was developed by the provincial departments of Education, Justice, Community Services, Health and Wellness, Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations,
- the Nova Scotia Advisory Council on the Status of Women, and
- the Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission.
The Speak Up action plan supports a community-wide response to bullying and cyberbullying.
Through this plan, Nova Scotians will see comprehensive action being taken in four key focus areas:
- Interpersonal relationships
- Public awareness and education
- System response: accountability and responsibility
The Speak Up action plan, takes a coordinated and collaborative approach to address the root causes of bullying and cyberbullying behaviour.
- This plan promotes awareness of bullying and cyberbullying.
- This plan enhances the ability to relate to one another in healthy ways.
The approach is to empower young people to make good choices in any situation.
To help young people understand the impact of their behaviour on others.
To help young people navigate this ever-changing world.