Be a Responsible Digital Citizen
Communications devices like cell phones, computers, and social media sites are powerful methods to stay connected.
How you choose to use them can make all the difference.
Protect your profile.
- Only connect with people you know and trust on social network sites.
- Be careful about sharing personal information, even with people you know in a private email or text. Once you hit send, you can’t take it back!
Password protect your phone.
- Be sure to password protect your phone and keep your password private.
- Not doing this is the digital equivalent of leaving your home or car unlocked.
Model digital citizenship.
- Think before you post, send a text message, email or tweet.
- Always remember that you alone are responsible for your words and actions.
Be part of the solution.
- Stand up for human rights by refusing to forward text messages or photos that are hurtful, demeaning, or disrespectful.